According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics alcohol counselors along with other behavioral disorders like drug addiction, eating disorders is set to be a double digit growth industry at 21% for the next ten years of 2008 – 20018. It is unfortunate that this is a growth industry and the number of substance abuse counselors including alcohol counseling will grow from 86,000 to 104,000 in the 10 year span.
Unfortunately the statistics don’t lie, it is too bad that the demand for these services continues to climb at such astonishing rates. Here are what the Job Prospects look like for alcohbol counseling and substance counseling.
“Job opportunities should be favorable because job openings are expected to exceed the number of graduates from counseling programs, particularly in rural areas. Substance abuse counselors should enjoy particularly good job prospects.” – Source BLS.gov
Incoming search terms:
- expected prospects for substance abuse counselors
- is there growth in the addiction treatment industry ?
- addictions counsellor
- what is the growth rate for addiciton counselors
- counseling change alcohol drinking
- work prospects for an addictions counsellor
- alcohol industry growth rate
- alcohol abuse growth rATes
- alchol counseler growth rate
- addiction recovery industry growing